Microneedling is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that punctures the skin with tiny, sterile needles. The pricking of the skin creates tiny wounds in your body, which stimulate the production of collagen and elastin – two proteins that help skin heal and make it appear younger. This aesthetic therapy, offered at The Aesthetic Lounge, is known as collagen induction therapy. The collagen induction therapy helps to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, even skin tone, moisturize skin, and shrink pores. The Microneedling treatment may be applied to any part of the body. Treatment areas include the face, the neck, the chest, the arms, the abdomen, the back, the hands, and the legs.
Several issues can be treated using micro needling, which include
Microneedling is highly popular for its versatility and ability to provide wide-ranging skincare benefits without downtime. Collagen production is accelerated by the stimulation of collagen flow, which tightens the skin and promotes healing. A hydrating serum is applied after your treatment to seal in moisture and promote healing even further.
- Avoid IPL/Laser procedures, unprotected sun exposure, or sunburn.
- Prior to your treatment, do not wax, use depilatory creams, or electrolyte the area for at least two weeks before your procedure.
- Shave the day before your procedure to avoid skin irritation.
- After the procedure, do not take any anti-inflammatory medications for one week.
- Do not use ice or arnica/bromelain on your face.
- Don’t sunbathe or expose yourself to direct sunlight for at least two weeks. Wear a hat and sunblock after 24 hours.
- If you are sore, take a pain reliever such as Tylenol.